Monday 26 October 2020

My Vision Quest ~ Water insights

Here is my story about painting...  
As far as I can remember I was attracted to anything colourful that I could express myself with. I can still recall some of my first colouring books and the crayons I used to colour it with.

I have a fond memory of art class in my primary school days where the art teacher saw potential within me and encouraged me to persue my art. I knew I would go to high school and art would be my main subject and focus. My path ahead was clear to me.

But my life path was about to take a turn I did  not expect. My parents decided after a heart breaking financial disappointment to relocate us to a different city, and the high school I was about to enter did not offer art as a subject! Nothing prepared me for this devastating discovery. My own life plan ahead came crushing down. I lost all my friends, I was alone and I had to take subjects like accounting and German! Not quite the colourful high school career I imagined.

But even in the seemingly creative dead zone I entered, I managed to find ways to be creative and to express myself in a creative manner...

I focused all my creative energy on my piano lessons and soon music became the main means of creative expression for me. I painted with music. It wasn't until my senior year when a guidance counselor informed me that my aptitude tests revealed that I should study art for a career that I tried desperately on my own to get back into creating art.

Needles to say that my application to be accepted into art school got declined. I simply did not have the necessary skills to be accepted into the  fine arts academy I applied to. Again another creative door got slammed in my face.

Yet again I had to make full use of what ever means of creative expression I could find.  On and on, the spiral of life took me untill I found myself on the a creative career path of hairstyling.

But the canvas and art studio dream eluded me up until the point in my life where I understood that art for me would not just be a career... it would be an energetic healing modality. And it would enter my life at exactly the correct time for me. The teacher appears when the student is ready.

Ever since my training as a Creatively Fit Coach, my life transformed right in front of my eyes. It needed to be a step of faith for me. I had to want to step through the door and take hold of the brush and not let go of it at any cost... and the second I no longer allowed circumstances to rob me of my souls inheritance, it became mine!

Claiming your personal power back from situations that you perceived yourself as helpless in, is a powerful experience.

Beginning to paint with passion and clarity during my vision quest in the Creatively Fit Coaching Certificate course was when this all clicked into place for me.

My intention is that by sharing my journey of becoming the artist I was meant to be, and also how to become Creatively Fit, you are also inspired to open up to all the ways you are creative—we are creating our life each moment.

I will be teaching these processes starting in November 2020—yay! Go here NEWSLETTER SIGNUP
to be the first to receive special announcements and offers leading up to my launch! 



Is your sacred spark burning brightly or is it more like a glowing ember? Do you feel inspired by the art that is your life or are you hoping for change? I am learning that we can create the change we want on the inside and it will ripple out! Thank you for witnessing my Vision Quest!

Gideonslight.

No comments:

Post a Comment