Tuesday 10 November 2020

The Power of Creative Expression


These past few weeks has been deeply challenging to me. Since returning to work after lockdown things just haven't been the same financially. I also had to let go of a pet companion of 16 years... so in my "Water Vision Quest" (I am currently a course guide for the Whitney Freya Creatively Fit Coaching Certificate course) I've been diving deep into the emotions that come up for me around financial security and dealing with the sense of loss. Then to add to my stress, I have also been receiving messages from clients that let me know they will no longer be needing my services! This all feels a bit overwhelming for me at this time. What am I to do?

It is during challenging periods like this that I turn inwards and find refuge in my spiritual strength that is always available inside, and I express this outwardly in my art practice. I am the type of person that can't just sit and wait for things to change. I have to take action in order not to get caught in a downward spiral of apathy and self pity.  So painting or drawing in my art journal helps me to process these overwhelming emotions of grief, loss and insecurity.

So this is what I did differently at the canvas this week.  In stead of feeling sorry for myself, I embraced and acknowledged my feelings. I believe feelings needs to be acknowledged and then, when we allow ourselves to be with it, it disapates.

I can compare it with a storm. You can't chase the rain away, but you can wait the storm out. Eventually every rain storm is rained out and the sun reappears. So I took my art journal and I created a Hamsa symbol of protection. Setting my intention to allow this positive vibration to ripple out as a blessing of protection, empowered by Divine Love (the highest vibration of all!)

I created a mental and emotional shield that will protect my clientele, my business and to transmute any negative energy or vibration of negative intentions towards me from anybody including myself.

Just by doing this I have noticed a profound shift in my emotional state as well as in the art that is my life!!!  I empowered my creative practice with meditation and by talking to a friend. It is OK to ask for help and support during challenging times!

There is the law of cause and effect, and after comoleting my creative and meditation practice I am so grateful to see a few more bookings came in frim clients that needed to book for an appointment! Powerful moment! 🙏🌈

I can’t wait to guide you through your own Vision Quest and into your new creative spirit! Be sure to opt in by joining my Facebook community group and you will receive my free gift there in the form of  creative coaching!  Click here:
PME GROUP 

and you will be the first to know about my new workshops and programs starting in 2021!

Here’s my invite to you this week: WHAT IMAGE OR SYMBOL OR ANIMAL is catching your attention. What are you “seeing everywhere?” Share below and I’ll look up the symbolism for you!! This feels so magical and I love how it is making my life feel.... Be sure to comment below!

2 comments:

  1. Gideon, I so want you to know that I have been there, Really. But at that time I didn't dedicate myself to art. You are a luminous, gentle, and kind soul. I am painting a duck today.It's a long story it has something to do with a Laughing Liver. I love your creation above. I am so with you, sending love and light!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If you have been feeling a connection with the duck spirit animal lately, this is because you need lessons in protection or emotional comfort.

      Unlike snake symbolism, duck symbolism is closely connected with your emotional state, and it reminds you to glide across the waters of your life with ease and confidence, and to not neglect your emotional needs.

      Common Duck Spirit Animal Meanings
      The meaning of the duck is a wakeup call for you to coast through your waters without getting tangled with the debris that float around you.

      It’s a loud, fast-paced, and sometimes cruel world, and you should do your best to not be consumed by it all.

      The duck meaning warns you to protect yourself from the negative emotions.

      However, you should also remember to not be completely shut off from everyone in your effort to shield yourself from pain.

      You must be ready to explore how you feel and experience human relationships to truly know what it’s like to be a healthy and loving human!

      Be picky when it comes to people you trust, and take care of the people who have been with you through your ups and downs.

      The duck symbolism also points to being connected to your community.

      Delete