Sunday 18 October 2020

My Vision Quest ~ Fire insight


In the Creatively Fit Coaching Training this week, I am guiding the new coaches in fanning the flame of their sacred spark, the FIRE element, by beginning a personal painting practice that is like meditation or energy work.

I  was super excited to get going back when I first did the training; I was finally going to learn how to paint! Little did I know that besides learning this painting made easy technique, I would also become equipped with a powerful mindfulness tool that would sharpen my awareness into the art that is my life.

As I  painted layer upon layer, I  began to feel the joy of creating with the freedom I longed for. Without fear of judgment or criticism. No longer seeking external approval and validation. I could paint and create anything I wanted at the canvas, with a regular painting practice and some persistence,  anything is possible!

After regular practice in my studio, I began to understand that just like I could make changes on the canvas... so too changes could be made in my life. I began to realise that the story that I tell about my life, was just that... a story!  And I did not have to use the colours that life dealt me... I now knew how to mix any colour, and to choose the colours that makes me happy!

I discovered that the canvas is a portal to my life, and I can apply the methods of painting used in this course as a coaching metaphor to help understand how to set goals and achieve them.

Do you paint? Would a blank canvas make you nervous, excited or scared? Are you ready to ignite a fire of passion and create a painting practice of your own?

Please share and continue to look out for more inspiration and deeper insights as we continue on our Vision Quest into
the element of Fire.

https://linktr.ee/gideonslight

#Gideonslight #artist #creatifelyfitcoach #lifecoach #arttherapist #mindfulnesspractitioner #counselor #fire #visionquest #paintingmadeeasy

No comments:

Post a Comment