Friday 23 November 2018

Where you could be in six months time



Where could you be in six months time if you start taking action towards realising your dreams today? 

Twenty eight years ago I wanted to embark on a career in the arts. But that door wouldn't open for me. Unfortunately the high school I had to attend did not offer art as a subject and therefore I did not receive the foundational development in art that I needed for admission to art school. It was a sad and disappointing time in my life, because in my deepest being I knew I was meant to answer the call of the art warrior.

Attached  to this writing is a comparison of a watercolour painting that I painted in 1990, with a painting that I did 6 months ago. Looking back at this artwork I recognise that I didn't have the necessary skills to enter into a tertiary art education program, nor did I have the support or the resources required to achieve my goal. 

The part of this story that I want to focus on is that after I created this painting in 1990, I never picked the watercolour brush back up... I did nothing to develop my own skills and I took no action to make my dreams come true. Life took me on a journey to a point four years ago where for the first time I realised that art is a personal value, and that if I truly wanted it to be part of my life experience, I would need to take personal responsibility for developing my skills.
The moment I took charge of my vision and started to make art a daily practice, massive progress was the result. For those of you that have followed my art journey more closely will know how much I have grown in the last two years alone!
So, this is my point. Regardless what your goals may be, if you don’t take daily action steps towards achieving your dreams, they will simply remain just that, a dream. But if you decided today for example to enrol in my introduction to watercolour basics course, within six months time, with regular practice, you will have six months of “brush miles" under your belt and you will already be enjoying a higher level of competence than now.
Picture this: Six months from now you showcase some of your new watercolour paintings to your friends and family. They are amazed at what you have accomplished and praise your work. Your new level of expertise and skill allows you to create art for family and friends, making your gifts more desirable and unique because you no longer have to use your credit card to buy them something special,  you‘d rather create a painting or greeting card by hand!
This could be you... and I promise you that this success will have less to do with talent but more to do with practice. No one is simply good at something from day one. Remember the first time you backed a cake, sown a dress or when you went for your first driving lesson? It all took time and practice. None of us are born with the ability to speak and write... but we all have the potential! The same goes for art...
I believe that our focus should shift from "producing stock" and artwork that is on someone else's standards. But focus more on the enjoyment and therapeutic possibilities of making art a daily practice. One thing is for sure, and I can testify to that... art is cheaper than a therapist! (And probably more effective too!)
During my Creatively Fit Coaching Course we had to complete 30 paintings over a 4 month period The pace was gruelling but the process was very enjoyable. The point if this was to break through the critical inner voice and to access the creative right brain to form new neural pathways. 

Once you allow yourself to be emerged in colourful paint and you forget about what others might think, you access your inner child and give it permission to come out and play. That alone my friend is a powerful experience!
So if you are still in two minds whether you want to enrol in my online art school or not... hopefully this perspective will help you decide. After all,  what have you got to loose? Nothing! What have you got to gain? So much more!

Check out my school at Gideonslight.teachable.com

Enrolment opens on 3rd December 2018! See you in the classroom!
In the meantime subscribe to my YouTube channel. I have lots of free content available there. Find it by using the following link:
https://www.youtube.com/user/AnsuiAshram

No comments:

Post a Comment